Dental implants have become the gold standard for replacing missing permanent teeth. They can look, feel and function just like natural teeth so no-one will know the difference.
The effects of tooth loss are both physical and emotional. Gaps in your mouth can lead to a lack of confidence which affects everyday life. Whether a tooth is missing from the front part of the mouth or further back, the space will still show when you speak, laugh, and yawn.
An artificial root made of titanium which is securely placed into the jaw to serve as an anchor for a replacement tooth. A crown is then fitted over the dental implant, matching the colour and contours of the surrounding teeth.
Implants can also be used to secure dentures securely. This can transform your quality of life allowing you to eat a more varied diet and stop worrying about your dentures embarrassing you.
All you need to know about dental implants!
Is this for me?
- Looking for a fixed, natural replacement for one or more teeth.
- Missing multiple teeth and struggle with traditional dentures which are loose and bulky.
- In good general health with no significant medical issues like heart disease or diabetes.
- A non-smoker *typically better healing.
- Prepared to wait a few months for final healing (you may have a temporary in this time).
Then dental implants could be the right solution for you.
You must keep up with your daily flossing and brushing and see our hygienist at least twice each year.
“Dr King always finds the best solutions, explains every step that she’s doing and pays a lot of attention to detail, the cosmetic appearance, the smile, the bite, etc”